Monday, October 4, 2010

What am I stripping away?

I gotta have an outlet.

Over the past year or so, I've been on a sojourn to figure out what it is that's missing in my life. A realization was that I called myself a christian and couldn't explain why.

To find out what I was supposed to do to get to know God more, I realized I had to be honest w/ myself, brutally, unzip-my-fly, honesty that would cause me to analyze parts of my life that I had no desire to revisit. I had to strip off all of the layers I'd built up around myself that had allowed me to live the life that I was comfortable living.

This will give me an outlet for me to recollect the thoughts that are going to allow me learn more about myself. It's a story that I'm hoping to be proud of and learn from.

I don't know what my thoughts will be from one day to the next, but I'll try & post them as I think of them.

I love Amy, Xander, & Aubree. If I'm to be the husband & father that they need, then I need to be willing to be the man God wants me to be--that includes a lot...I'm hoping to chronicle that here.

Buckle up. It's going to be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment